LL.B (Hons.); B.L
Uche Merife is a Counsel in the firm and a member of the firm’s Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution team. He is part of the team that represents both local and international clients and is actively involved in the conduct of proceedings at Tribunals, trial and appellate Courts. Uche’s litigation experience cuts across real estate, banking, insurance, energy, labour and environmental cases.
He holds a Bachelor of Laws, LL.B (Honours) Degree from Abia State University, where he served as the Chief Judge of the Abia State University Law Society and was awarded the Most Outstanding Judge of the Court. He was called to the Nigerian Bar in 2014.
Prior to joining Churchfields Solicitors in 2015, he worked in the Department of Public Prosecutions in the Ministry of Justice, Akwa Ibom State for one (1) year under the National Youth Service Corps Scheme. He has also interned in several notable law firms in Nigeria.
- Member, Nigerian Bar Association
- Associate Member, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (UK)
- “Easy guide to Civil Procedure in Nigeria,” Taracota Publishers, Lagos, 2016.
- “Easy guide to Criminal Procedure in Nigeria,” Taracota Publishers, Lagos, 2016.
RESEARCH PAPERS AND ARTICLES:
- Examination of the jurisdiction of the Federal High Court and States’ High Court in Nigeria: LL.B Research Project, 2012.